Breaking News from Riverton WY
Find the latest Riverton WY News from the most up to date source on all headlines and breaking stories from around the world.
West Nile virus detected in Fremont County
Regardless, he said, "the best prevention is to protect yourself from being bitten by avoiding outdoors at dawn and dusk, wear protective clothing, apply DEET, and drain collected water around property."
Amid Rash of Rumors, Locals Look to Retain SageWest Hospital Presence in Riverton
– SageWest CEO Alan Daugherty told local leaders today he wants to keep a presence in Riverton, but it’s going to take the community’s help to get it done. This, on the heels of a landslide of negative claims and rumors circulating in recent weeks about the status of the hospital in Riverton — inclu
Man injured in hit and run wreck
A Riverton man was injured Tuesday afternoon when he was struck by a pickup truck and ejected from his motorcycle.The pickup driver - a 46-year-old ...There is more! Read the rest of the story -subscribe today!
Editorial: For better hospital care
Hospital care in Riverton has changed dramatically in recent years - few would sayfor the better. The issue has become a significant community concern. Now, a ...There is more! Read the rest of the story -subscribe today!
Ray files to keep Riverton school board seat; other boards see filings
One person has filed so far for one of three open seats on the Fremont County School District 25 Board of Trustees in Riverton.Jody Ray of Riverton ...There is more! Read the rest of the story -subscribe today!
Recent Arrests Around Fremont County
– Here is the report of the most recent arrests around the County from local enforcement agencies. All persons arrested or cited are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law. Charges are subject to change following official filing from the Fremont County Attorney’s Office.Fremont County S
Helicopters rescued injured man off of Gannett Peak last week
The Pinedale Search and Rescue helicopter team, experts in long-lining evacuations, helped lift a Utah man to safety after he had fallen and injured himself on Gannett Peak this past week. Photo h/t Ernie Over
Stories written by: By Katie, Roenigk Staff Writer
By Katie, Roenigk Staff WriterAug 15, 2018A Riverton man was injured Tuesday afternoon when he was struck by a pickup truck and ejected from his motorcycle. The pickup driver - a 46-year-old Fort ...
Shoshoni’s big Main Street demolition project to begin
– In preparation for the demolition of the east side of Shoshoni’s downtown Main Street, crews have placed dirt over the sidewalks and gutters to prevent them from being damaged. The dirt was placed on Friday in preparation for the building demolition to begin this week.
WHOA! Treasurer back-peddles on severing ties with Bank of the West
The California-based bank announced last week that they would no longer “engage in business with companies who are involved in the exploration, production, and distribution of coal, oil, and natural gas.”
Fremont County’s “Drive Electric Week” set for early September
Fremont County’s “Drive Electric” week is set for early September, and will be culminated by an event Saturday, September 8th at the Lander Breadboard.
Wind River to play home football games at Ethete this fall; Pavillion field damaged and reseeded
– The Wind River Cougars home football games this fall will not be played at the school’s LeRoy Sinner Field in Pavillion. Instead, the Cougars “home games” will be 18 miles away at Wyoming Indian High School’s Chiefs Intertribal Stadium at Ethete.
WYDOT – Hiring Heavy Mechanic – Lander
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Heavy Mechanic located in Lander, Wyoming. Under direct supervision, this position performs a variety of maintenance and repair tasks with automotive equipment on heavy-duty vehicles, including diesel and gasoline engine overhauls and tun
Museum talk focuses on water resources and wildlife management
This month's Werner Wildlife Study Series features Casper College President Darren Divine's talk, “Managing Wildlife in Arid Habitat: the Role of Developing Suitable Water Resources.”Divine is a wildlife biologist with more than two decades of teaching and leadership experience, according to a pres
Commission agrees to Wilderness Study Area modifications
Under the approved plan, the Sweetwater Rocks area would be designatyed a "Special Management Area" with valid existing rights, agricultural uses, natural, historic, scenic resources and primitive recreation protected. Photo h/t Ernie Over
Road Work To Close Parts of Sinks Canyon State Park
The first closure goes into effect at7:00 a.m.onTuesday, August 14and will last until7:00 a.m.onFriday, August 17.
Filing begins today for county school boards, CWC Trustees and Special Districts for November election
– With the Wyoming Primary coming up on August 21, filings for school boards, college boards, and special districts begins today through August 27th, according to Fremont County Election Deputy Sara McWain.
Wilderness Study Area final report to be approved next week; Modifications being studied
– They are not there yet. The Fremont County Public Lands Initiative Committee presented a package of recommendations on Wilderness Study Areas to the county commissioners a month ago, a package that was slated to be voted on Tuesday.
Is Walmart leaving Riverton? You asked, we found out…
Many are explaining they’ve heard rumors that the store has plans to shut down, some even as detailed as saying that because of shoplifting, the store was going to close.
You'll Never Forget A Trip To The Most Enchanting Town In All Of Wyoming
Every year, millions of tourists head to Yellowstone, the Tetons, and Jackson Hole for their Wyoming vacation, and all the while the best town in the state is right under their nose! Lander, Wyoming is a town that’s sure to capture your heart, and you’ll wonder why it’s not the state’s most popular