facebook

Breaking News from Salem NJ

Find the latest Salem NJ News from the most up to date source on all headlines and breaking stories from around the world.

Arrest made in Wilmington weed deal turned robbery

Delaware State Police said Friday they've made an arrest in the Nov. 14 armed robbery that took place in the Concord Mall parking lot in Wilmington. Police said a 22-year-old man from New Castle was at the mall and agreed to buy weed from 18-year-old Wilmingtonian Riquan Mack. They were going to ma

DELAWARE ONLINE - 2017-11-17 16:26:07

U.S. 40 closed after pedestrian hit

Pulaski Highway (U.S. 40) westbound near Wilton Boulevard is completely shut down after a pedestrian was struck. State Police said travelers should expect prolonged delays and seek alternative routes. Master Cpl. Michael Austin said rescue workers are performing CPR on the victim. This story will b

DELAWARE ONLINE - 2017-11-17 00:00:21

Bridge beam installation to close southbound Del. 1 on multiple nights

Embed x Share CLOSE PLAYLIST: DELAWARE CRASHES Two-vehicle crash shuts Chestnut Hill Road | 0:37 A two-vehicle crash has shut the eastbound lanes of East Chestnut Hill Road (Del. 4) near Todd Lane. 11/8/17 John J. Jankowski Jr./Special to The News Journal 1 of 9 Skip in Skip x Embed x Share CLOSE P

DELAWARE ONLINE - 2017-11-17 19:04:34

The players, places in the Capano murder case

Anne Marie Fahey, 30, was a single, tall, pretty and vivacious woman involved for three years in an affair with Thomas Capano, a wealthy attorney and married man with four daughters. She worked for Gov. Tom Carper, now Delaware's senior senator after graduating from Dover's Wesley College in 1991. S

DELAWARE ONLINE - 2017-11-17 15:11:38

Tier II sex offender pleads guilty after Wilmington's Woodlawn library staff catch him looking at child porn

A 48-year-old man already register as a Tier II sex offender pled guilty to attempting to deal child porn after staff at Wilmington's Woodlawn Library caught him looking at it on one of their public access computers, the Delaware Department of Justice announced Friday. According to the DOJ, Ralph O

WDEL 1150AM - 2017-11-17 21:56:00

Two upset patients have been charged with throwing rocks at healthcare provider's house

Embed x Share CLOSE PLAYLIST: DELAWARE CRIME Two shot in Lower Brandywine Village neighborhood | 0:25 Two people have been shot in Wilmington's Lower Brandywine Village neighborhood. Jerry Habraken / The News Journal 1 of 10 Skip in Skip x Embed x Share CLOSE PLAYLIST: DELAWARE CRIME Woman killed a

DELAWARE ONLINE - 2017-11-17 17:49:18

Discover great reads with this book-o-scope

Looking for your next great book? Here are some book recommendations based on your birthday. Aquarius: January 20 - February 18 The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict You're in an inquisitive mood, Aquarius. This November, wonder why you've accepted someone's truth with no questions asked. You'll love

CECIL DAILY - 2017-11-17 08:00:00

Pedestrian hit on U.S. 13 South near New Castle; only one lane open

Only one southbound lane of U.S. 13 is open after a pedestrian was hit Friday near Llangollen Boulevard near New Castle. Emergency personnel were alerted to the crash about half a mile south of the U.S. 13/40 split in front of Galloway Court Apartments about 5:30 p.m. Only one southbound lane of U.S

DELAWARE ONLINE - 2017-11-17 23:34:56

November 17: Hourly Forecast For Stillwater

Mostly cloudy throughout the day.1pm - Overcast, 37 Chance of rain: 41%. Wind 2 mph from the SSE.2pm - Overcast, 38 Chance of rain: 33%. Wind 4 mph from the SSE.3pm - Overcast, 40 Chance of rain: 26%. Wind 5 mph from the SE.4pm - Overcast, 40 Chance of rain: 25%. Wind 5 mph from the ESE.5pm - Overca

PATCH - 2017-11-17 19:06:34

Tour Stillwater Police Department's new digs Monday

A $2 million remodel of the Stillwater Police Department is complete, and a new entrance is ready for use. Now, the public gets a chance to see it.An open house at the expanded Stillwater Police Department headquarters - in the lower level of City Hall - will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2

PIONEER PRESS - 2017-11-17 00:22:20

Norris Square evacuates rooms Nov. 11 due to vehicle fire

A fire in the underground Norris Square garage Nov. 11 led to evacuations to keep residents clear of smoke. Firefighters responded to the scene around noon, finding a car burning near the facility's stairwell, District Fire Chief Al Beasley said. READ MORE:Woodbury's biggest fan: Lanners dies at 64

SOUTH WASHINGTON COUNTY BULLETIN - 2017-11-17 16:00:00

Six-piece ensemble offering 20 performances this holiday season

If you are looking for a way to kick off the holidays and get in the spirit, look no further than SimpleGifts. Chilling three-part female harmonies and solos - including the Lutheran favorite "Beautiful Savior," sung in Norwegian. Modern arrangements of traditional - and original - Christmas treasur

PIERCE COUNTY HERALD - 2017-11-17 15:11:47

Anita E. Buck, who put her stamp on St. Croix River Valley history, dies at 92

Once Anita E. Buck found her love of history, it caught on big, inspiring a passion for chronicling the St. Croix River Valley's rich past. She did that by writing books and newspaper columns, painting watercolors and volunteering for preservation efforts such as the drive to save the fabled Histori

MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE - 2017-11-17 22:51:00

Authorities respond to 2-car crash in town of Troy

A New Richmond man was hospitalized and a Hudson teenager was checked for injuries after their cars collided Friday afternoon in the town of Troy. St. Croix County Sheriff Scott Knudson said a 43-year-old New Richmond man sustained non-life threatening injuries in the crash, which occurred at about

HUDSON STAR-OBSERVER - 2017-11-17 23:36:00

Recap: Phipps Forum presents forum on religions

Brothers-that's how Dean Simpson, Rob Wertheimer and Ozcan Kili describe each other. Though they are not related, they have come together by discussing what separates them-religion. A Christian, a Jew and a Muslim, Simpson, Wertheimer and Kili make up the regular program Different Voices: Shared Vis

HUDSON STAR-OBSERVER - 2017-11-17 02:39:00

This Weekend: Upcoming Events On The Hudson Calendar

Come Shop & Share! The 22nd annual Alternative Gift Market, a market with fairly-traded gifts and food, eco-friendly gift bags and donations to non-profit organizations. Saturday from 10am-2pm, featuring a soup lunch and treats. Sunday from 11am-2pm. FEATURED EVENT: (Nearby) When it's cold out, ev

PATCH - 2017-11-17 17:53:46

Gallatin Parks and Recreation recives Four-Star Award

On Oct .25 the Gallatin Parks and Recreation Department received the prestigious Four Star Award from the Tennessee Recreation and Parks Association (TRPA) for the award of the "New Facility" ranging from $1-5 million. This award was for the new Tommy Garrott Aquatics Facility (TGAF). A committee wa

GALLATINNEWS.COM - 2017-11-17 22:50:00

Saint Thomas breaks ground on new Gallatin Care Center

Saint Thomas Medical Partners has started construction on its new two-story care center in Gallatin, which officials say will serve as a healthcare destination for area residents when it opens next year. Hospital officials along with city and community leaders broke ground on the 35,771-square-foot

GALLATINNEWS.COM - 2017-11-17 22:31:00

GPD thanks Santa Classic sponsors

Each year the Gallatin Police Department hosts "Shop with a Cop" to provide Christmas gifts for disadvantaged children. The fundraiser that supports this effort is the annual Santa Classic Golf Tournament at Long Hollow Golf Course. This year's tournament was held Nov. 4 and raised $15,490. The Gall

GALLATINNEWS.COM - 2017-11-17 22:49:00

Accommodate growth for a thriving community

While many parts of the country have dwindling populations and limited employment opportunities, Gallatin has been truly blessed with sustained growth for nearly a generation. However, we know that growth is not what makes a place great. I believe that it's how and where to accommodate that growth t

GALLATINNEWS.COM - 2017-11-17 22:34:00